Coral Sea is located on the Sunshine Coast’s beachside walking track that wraps around from Cotton Tree to Mooloolaba. It overlooks the famous surf beach of Maroochydore and the new diving sensation HMAS Brisbane in front of Mudjimba and Old Woman Island.
Built on the south bank of Maroochy River, Maroochydore blends to the south with Alexandra Headland. Mudjimba and Bli Bli sit on the river’s north bank, close to the Sunshine Coast Airport.
Maroochydore has always been popular for family holidays – the river has clear, quiet water, with sandy banks and parks. The Maroochydore Sailing Club is based on Chambers Island, one of three islands in the estuary. Channel and Goat Islands are part of the extensive Maroochy Conservation Park. Why not hire a boat and go exploring or fishing.
Maroochydore is the main CBD and shopping centre of the Sunshine Coast, having all the services that holiday-makers may want. Maroochydore’s Sunshine Plaza is walking distance and has Myer and an enormous number of retailers boasting quality, and diversity.
The bistros, cafes, restaurants, pubs and clubs offer a dazzling array of food in every style that you can imagine – and why not? The Sunshine Coast area produces fabulous tropical produce, seafood, beef, dairy products and poultry.
There is music, cinema and theatre to enliven the evenings – that is, those evenings when people are not simply strolling in the soft clean air of this subtropical Eden.
You will love our local “walk to” facilities which include:
- Sunshine Coast’s favorite seaside boardwalk
- Cotton Tree Village Shopping and Café Centre
- Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre
- Big Top Shopping Centre
- Maroochy Library
- Maroochy / Cotton Tree Bowls Club
- Maroochy RSL
- Cotton Tree Sunday Markets
- Cotton Tree Tennis Club
- Cotton Tree Olympic Swimming Pool
- Horton Park Golf Club
- Maroochydore Surf Life Saving Club
- World Champion Kite Surfing Beach
- Maroochydore Tourist Information Office
- Choice of the patrolled surf beach or the relaxing Maroochy River for swimming or fishing
- Public Transport depot
- 10 minute drive from Maroochydore Airport and only 1 hour from Brisbane
- Numerous local restaurants